Sunday, November 21, 2010

Warning: this is the future

Please prevent the future.
When I first started this blog it was 2010.  I went to bed, and got up the next morning to find the world in a bit of a different place than when I left it.  I awoke with a splitting headache, what a horrible night.  Everything seemed as usual, until I got to the university.  It is 2076 and it is weird, bizarre, and peculiar.  

A bit about myself, I am a junior majoring in journalism, (print journalism) at the University of the Southern Caucasus’s.  This is Darius, and this is the United States of America, though not what I remembered it a night ago.  I had a strange, strange dream last night, very disturbing; and I think it was that dream that propelled me into the future via an outer body experience.  I have just bypassed everything in between now (well, the former now) and what is to be.  I have a prickly feeling that this is the future, and it’s pretty ridiculous what’s going on here.

I started my blog as part of an English class assignment, hoping to show how trivial the things the “world/society” values by means of humor and satire.  Everything’s the same, but in a different time…What Jane Goodall accomplished with primates, I will do with America: 2076.  It is frightening to think that I no longer need to satirize anything because it’s all true.  

I don’t know if the internet is outside of space & time but, by writing this blog I am hoping someone from 2010 will be able to read it, spread it, change what we’re doing in 2010 to prevent God knows what is going on right now!  It’s worth a shot, but I highly doubt it.  But if you read this, please leave a comment so I know that this is reaching you. 

I am like a prophet holding my sign:   “Warning: this will be the past if we don’t stop the future right now"

No comments:

Post a Comment